Wednesday 14 November 2012

3DS Max and Mudbox Workflow

14/11/12

This morning we began learning a different workflow and method of modelling, using both 3DS Max and Mudbox in tandem.

I began by creating a low poly model character in 3DS Max and then exporting it into Mudbox and editing the shape and detail of the model in mudbox. Once I got the shape and detail I wanted I exported the model from mudbox back into 3ds max. Here is what happended after using this technique.



















Before and After














Projection Mapping

I also learnt projection mapping. This is when you use an image in mudbox as a stencil and paint over it onto your model. As you can see I tried to create a jeans texture; tried!

 
 
I made my character look better in mud box. I then exported my model into 3ds max. I also exported a normal map, which is bump data. I then applied this to my texture in 3ds max and rendered.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment